September 4, 2008

What's my problem?


My problem is with Pottery Barn's tacky use of color and pattern and trendy designs.
I was wondering what aspect of it to focus on for this post.
Then it dawned on me, as I flipped through the pages of the most current "PB" catalog...

Ah, yes... PB painted furniture.

Every time I see it, I hope that it will go away.
But they continue selling it -season after season- which is even more disturbing...
it means that someone is buying this stuff.
And that means that someone's friends have to endure looking at these overpriced eyesores.

First of all, if you are going to spend a decent amount of money on furniture,
please use it towards something that is semi-timeless.
Do you really want to update your dresser or bedside table seasonally?
I didn't think so.

My main dilemma with the painting of furniture is that it cheapens it so drastically.
Not to mention that Pottery Barn's over-use of stool green paint is
not aesthetically appealing by any stretch of the imagination!